1. A liveried male servant; a footman.
2. A servile follower; a toady.
1. An obsequious follower or dependent; a sycophant.
2. A subordinate official, especially a servile one.
3. One who is highly esteemed or favored; a darling.
So, of course, my husband was kidding when he said this. He owns a small business, so I'm sure his first thought was that he really doesn't have any friends-because he is always (and I mean ALWAYS!) at work. But, I'm also sure that on second thought he realized that the people who he jokingly called his lackeys are, in fact, very good friends. These "lackeys" have been working for him for many years and are some of the kindest, most honest and thoughtful people he could ever have hoped for...as lackeys, employees, minions or otherwise. Most of all... they are highly esteemed, favored and darling friends. Yeah, that's it. Those would be his lackeys! Pretty lucky guy.
|Blumenhof Winery, Dutzow, MO, my husband's business, on a busy October day.|