So, here it goes!
In order to wrap this up by the end of July, I am going to cover the first three topics today: Introduction (above), 20 facts about me and what my business name means.
20 (pretty random) facts about me:
1. I married my first husband at age 17 (and was married for 20 years).
2. I have 3 kids- 1 girl ,2 boys
3. I have 2 grandsons.
4. My second marriage is now 9 years, 7 months, 29 days long and counting. :)
5. I kept my first married name so it would be the same as my kids’.
6. I am a homebody, but dream of traveling someday.
7. My parents have been married for 55 years.
8. I am the youngest of three kids- I have an older brother and sister.
9. I am hopelessly restless when it comes to houses-I like to move. If I can’t move- I continually rearrange furniture (usually instead of cleaning!)
10. I have a near panic attack just at the thought of paying my bills (even if I know I have enough money).
11. I am an art teacher.
12. I am obsessed with trying to live more simply.
13. I am (too!) obsessed with trying to be healthy.
14. I am continually inspired by my students and my kids.
15. I really think I was born to be a mother.
16. My favorite movie is Lost in Translation (with Unbearable Lightness of Being coming in second).
17. I am a decent cook, but don’t really enjoy the process.
18. I love my car (if one can love a car!)- a 5 year old, black Honda CRV.
19. I paint, sew and stitch.
20. I enjoy blogging much more than I thought I would.
Meaning of my business name:
My business name comes from my love of home and family and my desire to make things specifically for them. Olive is my Shi-Poo- my constant home companion. And Ash(er) is my grandson (and at the time of opening my Etsy shop and starting this blog, was our newest family member). I am currently trying to come up with a logo that incorporates a tree, a child and a dog :)
Tomorrow's topic will be my earliest childhood memory and also an update on abstract painting #2.
Have a great evening! Juli