* Reminding myself that no one died.
* Reminding myself that no one is sick.
* Reminding myself that I'm so lucky to have very supportive family members who are always there to listen when I have something to work/talk through.
* Reminding myself that even though no one wants to buy our little house on a big hill, that we are lucky to have it.
* Reminding myself that I'm lucky to be able to go to work with M. a couple of days a week during the summer (and earn some extra money!).
*Reminding myself how lucky I am to have M.
* Reminding myself how lucky I am to have summers off and that I love my job so much that, by mid-July, when I see school supplies in the store, I get excited about going back to school, just like I did when I was a kid.
* Reminding myself that even though I haven't been as productive as I had planned to be this summer, that I'm lucky to have this creative drive that keeps going and going.
* And reminding myself that I'm lucky to find things (people, blogs, websites, quotes, movies, etc.) that lift me up just when I need it most. This ALWAYS happens to me. And I am so grateful for it. Just when I needed it, a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon an offer for an online workshop through Kelly Rae Roberts' website. It's a three part workshop: Mixed Media Painting, a 30 day e-course called Wear Your Joy and an e-book called Flying Lessons (tips and tricks for a creative business). So far, I've gotten to day 20 of the Wear Your Joy project and I can't tell you how nice it is to sit down and read Kelly Rae's words every day- always inspirational, uplifting, thoughtful, positive and motivating. I highly recommend, at the very least, bookmarking her blog. I think you'll love it.
And speaking of creativity- I have been crawling out of my self-pity pit enough lately to get some work done on these fiber pieces. One is almost finished and the next two are started. I am having such a good time working on them and I'm hoping there is an audience out there for them. If not, that's okay. It's like therapy for me, so all is good!
|I'm trying out hand painting the backing for this piece instead of tie dyeing.|
|This piece is near completion. At this point, it is drying (you have to soak it in water to remove all traces of the marking pen), then I just need to sew on the backing, attach the little pocket piece to the front and hang it.|
|And this shows the next two pieces just after I transferred the designs on the light table (weird effect with the lights, huh?!)|
And, I'll leave you with one more thing that I am very grateful for, but it's still kind of a secret at this point. I think. Anyway, it's not my secret to talk about yet, but I think it will be okay to leave you with a little hint.
Here's to being thankful. And grateful. And knowing it.
Till next time ~ Juli